Call for Innovations from The University Office of Development
The University Office of Development is pleased to share the following announcement linked to The UWI’s leadership of SDG-13 in the IAU Global Cluster on Higher Education and Research for Sustainable Development, which you can read more about here.
If you are interested in submitting an innovative idea, please advise the University Office of Development via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone ext: 82274.
Ahead of the fourth annual Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals (STI Forum), to be held at UN Headquarters in New York from 14 to 15 May 2019, the UN Department of Economic Affairs (UN DESA), in collaboration with the Global Innovation Exchange (GIE), is inviting innovators from around the world to submit their scientific and technological solutions to the challenges impeding progress towards one of these five in-focus SDGs:
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
The call is open from 6-29 March. Please help support this Call for Innovations for the STI Forum 2019 by:
- Submitting your innovative idea so that potential funders, collaborators and potential customers around the world can see it;
- Encouraging other innovators to submit their innovations;
- Spreading the word. Share this Call for Innovations with your networks and help us find and feature groundbreaking projects from your country and around the world!
All innovations are welcome on the GIE platform here — https://stiforum4sdgs.globalinnovationexchange.org/ — through 29 March 2019.