CCRIF-UWI Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020
Scholarships for students of The University of the West Indies funded by CCRIF SPC
(Formerly the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility)
Number of Awards: Four (4)
Value: US$4,000 per annum
Maximum Tenure: Two (2) years – for 2nd and final year of study only
The award will be based on the following criteria
- The scholarships are open to CARICOM nationals as well as nationals of CCRIF member countries pursuing a course of undergraduate study in any one of the following ten programmes:
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Mona for a major in Geography or Geology
- Faculty of Humanities and Education at Mona for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Engineering at Mona for a degree in Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Meteorology
- Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a degree in Civil with Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a degree in Land Management
- Faculty of Science and Agriculture at St. Augustine for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Science and Agriculture at St. Augustine for a degree in Environmental Natural Resource Management
- Faculty of Social Sciences at St. Augustine for a special management studies degree in Insurance and Risk Management
- The award will be based on academic performance (minimum GPA of 3.0). Awardees must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be eligible for the award in their final year.
Method of Selection:
Short-listed candidates will be selected by a panel comprising personnel from the UWI with recommendations made in selecting the final candidates. The final selection of awardees will be undertaken by CCRIF
Condition: The recipients are expected to:
- be registered full-time;
- be a second year student for the 2019/2020 academic year
How to Apply: Visit the scholarship section on your campus website to obtain the application form then submit along with the other relevant documents to the student financing office at each campus.
Deadline is Sunday June 02, 2019.
Please Note: Students who have withdrawn from the programme without good reason and the approval of the Academic Director, or who fail to complete the programme, will be required to repay the award.