Let’s celebrate our student athletes!
Vice-Chancellor’s Sportswoman and Sportsman of the Year Awards 2018
It’s time again to honour our top student-athletes for their outstanding performance in academics, athletics, service and leadership. The UWI Vice-Chancellor’s Sportswoman and Sportsman of the Year Awards 2018 takes place on Friday 19 October, 2018 at Cave Hill.
10 student-athletes from across the University’s four campuses have been nominated following recommendations by their coaches and organisations. They are current students, who have excelled at the local and international levels and have an acceptable grade point average. They’ve been screened by Campus and University selection committees and one female and one male will receive the top title of Sportswoman and Sportsman of the Year 2018.
The nominees are:
- Kavem Hodge – Cricket (Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Orlando Husbands – Chess (Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Cadijah Mars – Football (Social Sciences)
- Fedrick Dacres – Discus (Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Jodean Williams – Track and Field (Faculty of Humanities and Education)
- Theron Francis – Basketball (Social Sciences)
- Jamal James – Cricket (Humanities and Education)
- Amir Jangoo – Cricket (Food and Agriculture)
- Jordon Reynos – Hockey (Social Sciences)
- Brittany Joseph – Table Tennis (Social Sciences)