The UWI begins 2019 series of Council Meetings to report on governance
The UWI Regional Headquarters, Jamaica. March 1, 2018—Tuesday, March 5, is the start of the 2019 series of Council Meetings at The University of the West Indies (The UWI). Considered the annual business meetings of the regional University, these are a fundamental aspect of the accountability of The UWI, at which the Vice-Chancellor and Principals of each of the four campuses report to their Councils/governing bodies on all activities undertaken over the last academic year to the Council membership and larger stakeholder community.
Continuing a strategy of increased engagement and transparency with its regional and international stakeholders, the open sessions of each Council Meeting will be streamed live online via UWItv. Members of the media and the general public are invited to tune in for the livestreams. The livestream schedule is as follows:
- Mona Campus Council Meeting – Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 9:00 A.M. JA time/10:00 A.M. EC time
- Cave Hill Campus Council Meeting – Friday, March 8, 2019 at 9:30 A.M. Barbados/EC time | Press Conference to follow
- Open Campus Council Meeting (in Turks & Caicos Islands) – Friday, March 15, 2019 at 9:30 A.M. TCI time/10:30 A.M. EC time | Press Conference 11:00 A.M. TCI/12:00 noon EC time
- St Augustine Campus Council Meeting – Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. EC time
- University Council Meeting (in Trinidad and Tobago) – Friday, April 26, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. TT/EC time
Presentations will include the financial reports—for each year ending July 31—highlights of achievements over the last year, such as the Times Higher Education World Rankings,evaluation of the advancement the University’s Triple A strategy as well as reports from University officers and committees on matters such as academic and curriculum updates, enrolment statistics, graduate throughput, strategic initiatives and administrative issues.